Scrambled Egg Omlette
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
30-50g butter, ghee, or coconut oil
High quality salt
(Optional) olive oil to drizzle
(Optional) Meat fillings: cheese, precooked chicken, ham, sausage, fish, beef etc.
(Optional) vegetable fillings: onions, mushrooms, tomatoe, spinach, peppers etc.
(Optional) spices: Chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, pepper, celery salt, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder.
- add eggs and additional yolks to a bowl
- Whisk furiously untill completely combined
- Add your choice of ghee, butter or coconut oil. Ensure the fat is warm enough to liquid.
- Continue to whisk furiously untill all of the fat is emulsified into the eggs
- (Optional) add any additional ingredients you chose
- Pour mixture into a cold pan and put on maximum heat. stir continuously untill you begin to see the egg solidifying at the bottom of the pan
- Turn the temperature down to medium-low and do not stop stirring. It’s important to bring the temperature of the liquid up to ensure even cooking.
- At this point we can choose between traditional scrambled eggs or a scrambled egg omelette
- For classic scrambled eggs continue to stir untill 90% of the liquid has solidified, at this point add salt, mix well and serve immediately.
- For a scrambled egg omelette, after half of the mixture has solidified and all of the liquid has reached a warm temperature, add the salt, mix, then stop stirring and leave the eggs to form together into an omelette. Folding is optional at this point. Once all the egg has solidified serve immediately.
- Although I suggest this as a breakfast, feel free to enjoy it whenever you feel like!