The campaign aims to promote the widespread use of vitamin C wherever there is a raised risk of COVID-19 infection, as well as an additional treatment for those seriously infected.
The launch of vitaminC4covid.com follows the publication of a major review of over 100 trials of the vitamin and the virus, which found that vitamin C could save the lives of those badly infected with COVID-19 and make the symptoms of milder infections less severe, as detailed in our article: Vitamin C can help defeat COVID-19
Results from more than 100 studies, included a gold-standard RCT (Randomised Controlled Trial) which showed that Vitamin C could cut the death rate of patients in intensive care units by 68%. The patients got vitamin C or sterile water from a drip.
A similar trial comparing a steroid drug (dexamethasone) with a placebo in June was hailed as a success. It reduced deaths by just 3%.
Any yet documentation reporting the benefits of vitamin C is still invariably treated as ‘fake news’ by the mainstream Western medicine fraternity. Could Big Pharma be playing a role in trying to suppress use of this inexpensive anti-viral nutrient? We can’t sit back and let this happen. Our lives are at stake!
There are currently 45 trials registered using vitamin C around the world. The evidence is already considerably more substantial than that for vitamin D, another key COVID -19 defence nutrient which the government is already planning to supply for free,
The aim of the Vitamin C for COVID campaign is to get vitamin C taken seriously, both by governments, healthcare systems and individuals around the world. vitaminC4covid.com is calling for the following changes:
- The government and its public health and nutrition agencies to thoroughly assess the evidence and fund studies of this inexpensive and safe nutrient.
- The government, NHS, health care and medical associations to recommend to all citizens to supplement vitamin C during this viral epidemic, based on the available evidence.
- Content on ‘vitamin C for COVID-19 or corona’ no longer being classified as false information in both digital, broadcast and print media.
- GPs, doctors and nutrition practitioners to be allowed and actively encouraged to recommend vitamin C supplementation for anyone with cold symptoms or coronavirus infection to reduce duration and severity of symptoms as an allowable health claim.
- All COVID-19 patients to be tested for vitamin C status and treated accordingly.
- Vitamin C to be given to all COVID-19 patients as early as possible on hospital admission.
- Intravenous vitamin C to be trialled as a standard adjunctive treatment for all critical COVID patients in Intensive Care Units.
Steps are already being taken by some of the authors of the paper to achieve the above:
David Smith, Emeritus Professor of pharmacology at the University of Oxford is presenting the evidence to the National Institute for Clinical Evidence (NICE).
Philip Calder from the University of Southampton, who is Professor of Nutritional Immunology within Medicine is talking about the paper to the Nutrition Society today, to inform members of the UK’s Scientific Advisory Committee of Nutrition (SACN) who advise government on policy.
For more information see: